Sunday, September 6, 2015

Serengeti National Park - Seronera (Central Serengeti) – August 18

In the middle of the night I got really sick. It started with dry heaves and then vomiting and diarrhea. I was still feeling pretty weak in the morning and Greg went to tell Wilson we would be late. Greg went to breakfast and I slept. When he got back I told him to go without me. He said he would come back at lunch to see if I felt up to going out in the afternoon.

Here are some photos he took at breakfast:

 Ruppell's Starling (Glossy or Longtail)
 Meyer's parrot
 Meyer's parrot
 Rock Hyrax on the roof of the restaurant


 Von Der Decken's Hornbill

 Bare-faced Go-away-bird
Kirk's Dik Dik
 
At one point I got up and showered and thought I could make it. I tried to sit out on the balcony and then went back to bed. I heard the front door open and thought it might be Greg, but it was the room steward. He saw me in bed and then I heard him go back out and knock. I said come in and he did and asked if I was OK and that he wanted to clean the room. I told him to go ahead. I slept. Greg came later and since it was supposed to be a full day game drive with a picnic lunch he brought our boxes and we ate them on the balcony. I ate some crackers, but wasn’t up to eating anything else. We had a bird come to the balcony and it ate part of an apple and some of the crackers that I dropped.
 Von Der Decken's Hornbill
 
Greg took lots of photos and videos of what I had missed. They had gone back to the tree where the leopard was and he had moved his kill to a different tree and he was also laying in the tree. Looks like I missed a lot of great stuff.
 Wilson & Greg starting the game drive Wildebeest crossing the road






 Three-banded Plover
 Grant's Gazelle
 Reedbuck that the leopard moved to another tree
 Leopard in the tree


 White-bellied Bustard

 Grassland Pipit
 another leopard





 Yellow-billed Storks
 Hartebeest
 Visitor's center
 Rock Hyrax







Rock Hyrax
I thought maybe I could make it and went out for a couple hours and then had to have Wilson bring us back.












 Nile Crocodile
young Martial Eagle
 Greg took some photos of the grounds around the lodge


 main dining room


 pond area

 pool area
 Cinnamon-breasted  Bunting
 Kirk's Dik Dik

 
We went to dinner and I ate some plain rice and some bread, but feeling much better.
Tomorrow we have a full day game drive between Central and Northern Serengeti.
If you want to see more pictures here is the link and a reminder that the videos have not been edited yet, but are on there:

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you got sick. What a bummer to miss the day, but glad you recovered.

    ReplyDelete