Sunday, December 3, 2017

Key West, Florida


Day 2 – November 24 - Key West

We have been here numerous times. 5th time on a cruise ship and more times on land trips. We had no plans today other than to just wander. We had breakfast and then explored the rest of the ship. We ended up playing a round of mini golf. Greg got a hole in one!
 sail in from the balcony










 art 
 lounge


 rock climbing wall
 water slide
 mini golf area
 view from the ship

We had lunch at the buffet and then headed out to wander Key West. The weather was great today. We walked Duval Street and went past the Hemmingway House (we have toured inside previously), made our way to the Southernmost Point Marker and then stopped for a couple of frozen drinks at Fat Tuesday.  Mudslides and Dirty Monkeys.
 our ship in port
 Audubon House



 oldest house in Key West



 Hemmingway House
 Hemmingway House

















 cute little chick

 Fat Tuesday
 back patio of Fat Tuesday
 "inside"
 Yum! (we each had 2)

 smallest bar - it's just that small space







Then, we headed back towards the ship and Mallory Square. I had the strangest thing happen walking back to the ship. We were walking on an area that was brick. I stepped down on a loose brick and the next thing I know I feel this cold wet ooze splash up my legs covering my legs, shorts and shoes. It managed to miss the bottom of my shirt. I was just glad I didn’t have on white shorts. I imagine it was just mud as it dried easily and when I stopped at a public bathroom it wiped off easily. What are the odds? (except for my shorts that needed washing)









 now THAT's a funky chicken!


 Eurasian Collared Dove

 statue


 art
 tres amigos




It was time to get back on board and we got ready for dinner. We got caught up on what everyone did in port. Just know "Jim was hurt".

The show tonight was a Production Show called Now & Forever. It was nice hearing songs and seeing a different show since all lines have set production shows (different cast, but same show).  The singers and dancers while talented, but they just didn’t seem to gel together.

We went up and caught a bit of the Karaoke. We would have stayed longer but a group came in and one of the ladies just talked loud and non-stop so you couldn’t hear the karaoke.

Tomorrow, we have our first Sea Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment