Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5, 2013 Sea Day

A whale of a day!

It’s a bit cool out today. From the balcony I saw a cluster of fishing boats. Fishermen from one boat whistled and I grabbed my binoculars and they were waving. I waved back. Then the officer of the watch from the bridge announced there was a whale on the port side so I grabbed the binoculars again and saw a magnificent whale gracefully breaking the surface showing his back and tail.
Now for breakfast and our morning walk. Greg exercises in the gym early and then we have breakfast and walk for an hour or so with a combination of using the track out on deck, the straight decks outside and walking the ships stairs and halls inside.
After we returned from our walk there was a huge pod of dophins diving and jumping that we watched from our balcony. Tons of Boobies diving for fish in the same area. Amazing.
Throughout the day we saw a couple more pods of whales. Awesome sight!
Had a nice lunch with 2 couples from Australia. Interesting and tasty food for lunch as well. Sweet chicken wings and spare ribs and Greg had a Greek dish. Always interesting choices every meal.
Since it was too cool to sunbathe today we came back to the cabin and read, worked on pictures, I did my nails and soon it was time for dinner. Didn’t we just eat? Great menu. It was a formal night dinner without the formal clothes. Lobster and crab cakes was my choice despite the fact that there were at least 2 other choices I really wanted. Greg had orange duck with Grand Mariner sauce. Killer dessert of chocolate pudding pie. Like a rich chocolate custard. I was ready to burst!
Tonight’s show was the singer I didn’t care for. (even the Aussies at lunch said she didn’t sing she screeched,) So, an exciting night of a couple of loads of laundry. Hey, life goes on despite all of this seeing the world stuff…..
We don’t arrive in Callao (port for Lima) until 2:00 tomorrow, so we have plenty of time for a nice lunch before heading into the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment