Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Withlacoochee State Forest - Brooksfield, FL - Croom Trail


Wednesday November 15th, we went back to the Croom Trail for one last shot at finding a Red Cockaded Woodpecker. (spoiler alert----we didn’t….)
We heard/saw very few birds this morning. We did find several Red-headed Woodpeckers, a Downy and a Red-bellied Woodpeckers.  There were a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets & Palm Warblers in small groups.


 Red-headed Woodpecker



 we had to climb over this one
 this one was easier to walk under....
 Red-headed Woodpecker was in and out of a hole in the tree






We only spent a half day here so we could go to lunch and then back home to get ready to move to Sarasota tomorrow. (near Tampa)
I needed to change Primary Care physicians since the doctor I really did not like is no longer with the practice. The nurse I spoke to said she will not be missed. OUCH! I thought maybe it was just me that didn't gel with her, but it seems it was widespread. It worked out well as I was able to switch to a doctor located close to where we stay in Port St. Lucie instead of driving to Stuart on the coast. Fingers crossed I have a better experience with this one. Plus, I was able to get seen in early December instead of late Jan (we won't be there then anyway). Since it's my initial visit after starting Medicare it's good to establish with a new doctor. 
I also had a package go missing that was supposed to arrive here on Monday. It was from Zappos and they canceled that order and placed another one to arrive today at the address where we will be in Sarasota. The first girl I talked to didn't really help much other than to say it would arrive yesterday. (it did not) She did give me $30 credit for my trouble. So, I had to call back and the guy that helped cancel and reorder was super. Their secure online credit card thing wasn't working and after numerous tries he said. Your shoes are free. (2 pair) They arrived today and the office in Sarasota said it was no problem to hold them until we arrive tomorrow. Did I mention 2 pairs of FREE shoes?!? Gotta love Zappos customer service!

1 comment:

  1. Well that is exciting, new "free" shoes. Gotta love a good deal.

    ReplyDelete