Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26, 2013 Sea Day

I hear it was a cool and sunny day out. This cold is kicking my butt, so I spent most all day in bed. My wonderful husband brought me some breakfast from the buffet. I got up to shower and go to lunch in the dining room. Normally we like to sit with others, but not feeling great it was better to have a table for just the two of us. Lunch was good and I did feel a bit better after I ate. (cold meds were making me jittery)

Then, I went back to bed and got up in time for the cocktail hour and dinner. The show tonight was Shelly White billed as Australia’s leading Piano and Vocal Entertainer. Loved her show, one of my favorites so far. Now back to bed to rest up so I feel better by the time we get to Australia.
It seems almost every port so far has required paperwork to be filled out. Some just to carry in port just in case someone asks to see it, some to be carried and then turned in afterwards. We had a passenger card to fill out for Australia tonight. We also set our clocks back another hour tonight for an extra hour of sleep.
We also got an interesting notice tonight in our cabin from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry about being on the lookout for Burnt Pine Longicorn beetles around the ship. They are found in New Zealand where we just came from and Australia doesn’t have them and doesn’t want them! So, if they are spotted passengers are asked to report them to a crew member.
Hopefully, I feel better tomorrow so I can work on the photos from our day in New Zealand. The cough is getting better, but sneezing and blowing my nose waaaaay too much! OK, that was TMI…….

No comments:

Post a Comment