Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15, 2013 Sea Day

Well, I was confused on what day it was when I wrote yesterday.  I thought we only had 1 more sea day (today) before Japan and we actually have 1 more tomorrow before we hit Japan. Whoo Hoo!

Besides the next week or so being very port intensive so I won’t have as much time to keep up the blog, there is also a Communication Outage Notice for Japan. To comply with Japanese Maritime Regulations, the satellite communication dish must be switched off within 12 nautical miles radius from land. So, it will be off from March 17 at 1:00am to March 19 at 8:00am. So, no internet and no blog for a while.
Started my walk this morning and it started to rain and be a bit windy and cool, so I went in and did the Zumba. It had cleared up afterwards and I finished my walk before joining Greg for the Port Lecture for Hiroshima. Then, it was time to shower for lunch and then we attempted to get some sun. Started out warm and toasty and then got windy and cool. We are headed towards the only cold portion of our trip. It will warm up again after China.
It is formal night tonight and we have another Captain’s Party before dinner tonight. The show tonight is The Celtic Sounds of Kaitlyn Carr. She is billed as the Spirit of the Glens from Scotland’s premiere recording artist.
We went to the Captain’s cocktail party with Carol and Marianne. Then went in to dinner. Lobster tails and crab cakes for us! Chocolate Pudding Pie for dessert. It was a pretty uncomfortable dinner for reasons I won’t go into on the blog. (I’ll vent privately…) The show was very good. Kaitlyn had a pretty and sweet melodic voice and she also played a variety of Celtic flutes and the violin or viola.
There is a champagne waterfall later tonight which we will pass on. We’ve done them before.
We have hit some rough waters again. Should be an interesting night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment