Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013 Sea Day

The extra hour of sleep we got last night was very nice! Woke up to sunny, but partly cloudy skies. Since I was up a bit earlier than usual, I went through the closet and put away some clothes I won’t wear again in the suitcases under the bed and stashed my token junk I buy in each port. (magnet and x-mas ornaments mostly).

I wanted to sun this morning, but we had a required “Pirate Drill” at 10:00. No, it wasn’t so we could all gather our wooden peg legs and eye patches and stand around in the hall practicing "ARRRRGH”. Our part was pretty easy, all we had to do was wherever we were when the alarm went off was to proceed to our cabins, close the drapes and open the door to the hall so the cabin steward could make sure we all complied. Mainly stay away from open decks and windows. On deck the crew was put through the practice drills in the unlikely event we were attacked by pirates. Fire hose drills and the like.
A quick shower storm passed and the weather has cleared up again. I think I’ll work on pictures after lunch instead of getting sun. It’s formal night and we have a Captain’s Circle party at 5:00 before dinner. I know I haven’t posted pictures in a long time. I barely have time to get them uploaded to the computer and get them backed up, much less go through and merge Greg’s and mine together and then go through and toss the blurred ones or just plain “WTH” pictures. I think I’m behind all the way to Guam. With lots of ports in this last part of the cruise it may well not get posted until we get “home”. Plus, there are some short videos that Jeff and Dennis have on various tours that definitely need to be done where internet isn’t charged by the minute!
Well, I don’t remember if I mentioned it or not, but we are on our 3rd cabin steward. Napa asked to be moved because our area had her dragging the big heavy carts across the hall and was very hard on her. (she’s a very tiny Thai lady) She also got sea sick easily and we are all the way aft and they moved her to a lower deck more midship which should help. We had a nice gentleman named Crispin (also Thai) and we had him for a short time until he hurt his back. We now have one named Jerome and I think he just boarded the ship. He’s not as consistent as our other 2, but he is trying hard and is always pleasant.
Captain's party was nice. A whole group of us sat together and chatted. Then, we all headed into dinner which was quite good tonight. We had pineapple, coconut & strawberry appetizer, Greg had a salad and I had a tropical fruit soup and for the main course Greg had the Halibut and I had the lobster and crab cake. For dessert we had Chocolate Pudding Pie which really is a dark chocolate custard. YUM!
The show tonight was Diane Cousins. Billed as a "Comedy vocalist. Powerhouse voice and squeaky clean humor." She was OK.
There is another champagne waterfall tonight at 11:00, but we'll sleep through it.
Tomorrow, we both have hair appointments again. Today we caught up on laundry. Life goes on.
Yeah! Another sea day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment