Friday, January 27, 2017

Sea Day – January 26


Our original schedule had us in Hawaii today. However, we are on track to Bora Bora.

Today we pretty much are on the same heading as yesterday. The ship will be affected by the South Equatorial Current. (broad Westward flowing current that extends from the surface to a nominal depth of 100 m.)

After breakfast, we walked the track in a pretty stiff breeze. It was a bit more work, but nice and warm out.

After walking the track, we went to Bingo and to shake up the luck, I bought the tickets using my cruise card. I told them I keep winning and it’s Greg turn to win. I had a Bingo on the first game and won $30.00 bringing my total to $300. The guy that brought the receipt for the cash said. “you still won”. The crowds are still really small on this segment so the prizes are small compared to last segment. (it’s still fun to win!)

Lunch was again interesting with mostly new people to get to know.

The show tonight was an Instrumentalist Bernie Fields. Interesting show as he plays harmonica. May sound strange, but it was very good and it could have been someone playing the violin it was so pretty. Again, probably not everyone’s taste, but the crowd seemed to really enjoy it.

The game show tonight was the Liars Club. It’s always hilarious. Our table mates Steve & Nancy won! We don’t play officially, but keep our own scores just for fun. We would have been second.

I’m sure I sound like a broken record, but tomorrow is another sea day!

No comments:

Post a Comment