Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fort Lauderdale – April 25


OK, this post is really late since it’s the 30th, but I really needed a break. We both came home with colds and then there is the “post cruise funk”. UGH!

We had an 8:20 time to disembark and after we found our luggage, Greg left me with them and grabbed the shuttle to the car rental place. After he returned with the rental car, we got it all packed in and headed North to Port St. Lucie to the same hotel we stayed in pre-cruise. (Residence Inn by Marriott).

We had a couple of hours to kill before we could check in, so we ran a few errands and had a long lunch.

We have a corner unit which gives us a bit more room to spread out, which came in handy to unpack our luggage. Once we sorted out what needed to go directly to storage we went there and then there were the piles of laundry to do.

We will have a busy few days getting everything organized and rearranging the storage unit.

Then, we begin the search for a car to drive/tow and the RV to start our next adventure.

Of course, I have a 60 day South America cruise to plan excursions for. Rio Carnival tickets are the first thing to get done. I think we have narrowed down the sector to sit in, just need to purchase them. Working on private tours for our 3 days there as well.

We also will need to work on losing the weight we put on from this cruise. Neither of us gained as much as we did on the WC in 2013. (the food just wasn’t as good) Last time I put on 20#, this time only 11#. Still will take some time to get it off.

Having fast, free and good internet again is great! Calls to family was the first thing to do. I have uploaded a couple more ports to the web albums and will continue to plug along at them until I’m finished.

It seems weird not to run into ship people we know; everywhere we go I keep looking at people thinking I should know them. Already missing lots of people!

From Venice to Ft. Lauderdale we traveled 5,705 Nautical Miles. It would have been nice if the Patter listed the total Nautical Miles of the entire World Cruise, but they didn't. (yes, I can add them all up myself....)

In another post, I will do a recap of this World Cruise, since we don’t do “favorites”. Thanks again to everyone that followed along and sorry photos were just too cumbersome to do with the slow internet on the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment