Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Sea Day – April 18


We had “take two” of the World Cruise photo at 11:00 this morning. It was warmer and less windy today, but we are in the midst of a sub-tropical storm and it’s a bit rocky. (water in the pool sloshing up and out….) They didn’t even gather the officers and the crew for the photo shoot until at least 5 or 10 minutes after 11:00. Waiting an extra 10 minutes to make sure anyone who wanted to show up late could still be in the photo was not well received by the crowd of us standing and waiting around the pool. Ah well, hopefully, everyone that wanted to be there made it.



Bingo was a bit later today after the photo shoot and Greg didn’t make it back from grabbing a drink upstairs when Basil started calling numbers. So, I’m going crazy trying to watch his card and mine. I told him to slow down, but he seemed to want to call faster than usual to get done since we started late. In the middle of one game the captain came on the intercom and was talking about the storm and precautions we should take today and tomorrow, but Basil didn’t want to wait until he was done speaking to call Bingo. So, he kept calling….quite distracting that we couldn’t listen to what Captain JP had to say or concentrate on finding the number called.



Allison won the first game and I won the next one and then the coverall. So, today I won $110. Our collective total is now $2,545.50. We normally don’t pay Bingo every sea day (or at all) on cruises, but this trip it has been fun to sit with our Bingo Buddies in the same seats and root for each other. Since there are so few of us, it was more fun and of course the opportunity to win was increased, though the prizes are smaller with the small crowd.



We had lunch in the dining room and I worked on photos most of the afternoon. I’m now finished up until Rhodes, though I have not put any new ones up on my Web Albums yet. Once I see how many internet minutes I have left I will put up as many as I can, the rest will need to wait until we get back to land with free and faster internet.



Tonight’s entertainment was a repeat of the Production Show called Limelight. It’s one of my favorites. We were surprised they didn’t cancel the show since it’s so rocky, but they only modified some of the lifts that the dancers did. Since most of us are having a bit of trouble just walking down the hall, they did an amazing job performing tonight. I was leaving the cabin to go down for the show and just as I had stepped out of the door the ship lurched and the door popped me in the bottom and pushed me out into the hall. Menino, our cabin steward burst out laughing at me. We both had a good laugh.



We have 3 more Sea Days until we reach Bermuda. (if the weather allows us to go) Tomorrow, may be worse than today, depending on what the storm does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment