Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Panama Canal (Scenic Cruising) Panama

Monday March 19

Today, as we transit the Panama Canal my thoughts go to our friends that still live in what used to be our home. Just to name a few, Jennifer & Jim, Mary & Adam, Francine & Rick, Susan, Betty, Nancy, Sharon, Jill & Don, Jane & Walter and thoughts go out to people who also have moved on to new adventures like us, Terry & Clyde and Claire & Phil. I'm sure I have forgotten to name someone, but we do often think fondly of Panama & friends we left behind.

As we passed Canopy Tower and Gamboa, where we have birded often we thought of Domi & Jenn (and their new baby girl).

We did take a break from the canal to play Bingo. I won a game for $100, but had to share it with another person, so we each got $50. Ah well, it felt good to win one again.

We had a glorious sunny day for the transit. We spent most of it out on the balcony, but did run around and see if from some different perspectives. We see they are about finished with building the 3rd bridge. There won't be many photos since we have had numerous transits and have seen it from all sides while living in Panama.



 Yellow-headed Caracara
 Mealy Parrot
 Mealy Parrot
Blue Dacnis
 Cormorants
Pale-vented Pigeon







 Canopy Tower




















 ships photographers 













not sure why this was outside a cabin

I called Dad, but the nurse asked if she could call me back. I explained we were at sea and currently transiting the Panama Canal and she said "you really are out traveling on the high seas, I thought Don was just making stuff up" I said, yes, we really are world travelers. She checked his chart and saw she could release info to me and she told me he had been admitted to Humboldt Hospital. (he's been in their long-term care facility). She also gave me her email address so I can contact her any time about his condition.

I continue to just get sicker instead of better with what started out as a cold and now seems to be a sinus infection. My head feels as if it could explode and even my face and teeth hurt. I started on antibiotics in hopes of making it go away. This persistent cough is getting old as well. I have spent an enormous amount of time sleeping. UGH!

I was hoping to catch the one man variety show tonight, but after dinner we came back to the cabin and I slept. Hoping to feel well enough to tour Cartagena tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment