Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sea Day - February 22

Today we will cross the Mariana Trench. This is the deepest part of the world’s oceans. It is located in the western Pacific Ocean, to the East of the Mariana Islands. The trench is about 1,580 miles long with an average width of 43 miles. It reaches a maximum known depth of 36,070 feet at a small slot-shaped valley in its’ floor known as the Challenger Deep, at its’ Southern end.

It was a much better morning for walking the track. It was windy, but warm and nice.
The King Neptune ceremony was this morning. This time the actual captain, JP played the part of the captain. It’s always fun to watch the pollywogs become shellbacks. It’s always pretty much the same, but with different people it’s always a bit different. 
I’ve uploaded all photos now up until Papua New Guinea. I will have those done after Guam since we have 3 days before Taiwan.

Greg got another video done for the Coral Gardens in Bora Bora  https://youtu.be/ZVJtQjvkccc
Bingo was in the afternoon because of the King Neptune Ceremony. I won the first game and then won the second game. The caller asked on the 3rd one if I was close and I was one number away. So, I won $70 today. That brings our collective total to $1,790.











































Oddly, there is no evening show tonight. I think there was one act that was AWOL, so they were one act short. I have to assume that the duo or the comedian from last night didn’t have enough material to do another show. (or the Princess singers and dancers for that matter) Anyway, they are showing a movie for the evening entertainment.
So, I’m using this opportunity to get the blog current. 
Tomorrow we are doing some cave exploring and some snorkeling in Guam.

1 comment: