Friday, February 1, 2019

Sea Day – January 30


Sea Day – January 30



Today we had a strong wind that made walking the track interesting. It was quite a workout in one direction.

Greg won $30.00 at Bingo today.



It was a Mexican buffet today so we ate there. It was pretty good this time.



We also had the Crossing the Equator Ceremony for all the Pollywogs who have never crossed the equator to become Shellbacks. Always fun to watch the guilty being punished by King Neptune and his Royal Court.



After that we went upstairs in hopes of faster internet. It started out slow and then sped up and I was able to get the photos up for both stops in Hawaii and get the blog updated.



Tonight, was a formal night and our Captains Circle party was at 4:45. That took us straight to dinner. I ordered the Lobster Thermador and took one bite and it was the strongest fishiest tasting thing I’ve ever tried. To top it off it was like rubber. So, they brought me the pork ribs which were wonderful. Two other people at the table also got it and said it was horrible. They didn’t send it back, but also didn’t eat it. Can’t win them all. In general, the food has been very good this trip around.



I was torn about going to the evening entertainment since it was a variety show featuring the screeching singer that I hoped to never hear again and the flute player that I really liked. I’m glad we went since the singer was much better (maybe she got the word to tone it down a bit) and the flute player was also really good again.



I wasn’t feeling great, so we skipped the evening trivia which was Flags of the World.



It was early to bed in hopes of sleeping off whatever this cold thing is. My voice is getting better, but now I’m just fatigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment